Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Future: The New Adventure

I have been thinking about the future a lot lately. I have been trying and praying not to worry about it, but my mind keeps wondering. As the next stage in my life approaches and the decisions I am making play out, I start worrying. What if I chose something else? I get scared about my next stage. Am I going to mess up again? Will I miss out on an important opportunity? I start thinking about now, and the adventure I am having now that is about to end. It is just starting to get so much better. I am meeting new people, there are new family members. Relationships are growing that are now going to be distanced. I worry about what’s going to happen. What will this decision affect? What relationships will change? I wonder if I will find new ones, and how they might change my life. I start worrying about people I know now, and how I will know them later. I wonder if in a year I will be where I am going, or if I will be moving on. I know I shouldn’t worry, but I the thoughts keep flooding in no matter where I turn. I am constantly reminding myself of my own advice I gave my sister. Just focus on what you have to do now, what God is telling you to do now. Don’t worry about the future, God has it under control and when He’s ready to let you in on what you are to do next, He will.

No comments: