Thursday, December 17, 2009

Of Love and Looks

The other day I was thinking about how much personality affects attractiveness in the long run. At first when I meet I guy I know wether I think he is good looking or not. I try not to be judgmental or critical, but it is just there, the fact of wether I am attracted to them by their looks. If I actually talk to them or notice behavior or personality traits then those factors can come into play, but overall there is a look and it can be good or bad. Then you start adding personality and it can change everything. I have known guys that when I first met them I wasn't attracted to them, didn't think they were cute, and then over the course of my life have gotten to know them, hang out with them, and become friends. And now they seem completely different to me. Now that I know them, see how they act around people, and see there amazing loving personalities shining through, they are attractive. Looking at them is actually more pleasing to the eye. They bring a happiness and joy. Their smile lights up a room. I can actually say that I'm attracted to them. Now, I'm not saying I'm in love with them because there is more to love then attraction. There is compatibility, ability to work together, views on life, religion, goals in life and things like that. I love who these guys are and I am thankful and proud to be their friends but I realize I most likely won't marry any of them. But this thought has been sticking with me lately especially when I look in the mirror and hate the way I look. Sometimes I doubt my beauty. I want to be beautiful. I want my future husband to think I'm the most gorgeous girl out there, I want him proud to have me on his arm. And when I start to feel like I just don't cut it in the beauty category I think back on my new revelation. True beauty really, truly does come from within. I might not have the best outside beauty, the perfect skin, hair, boobs, weight, muscle, but then when it comes down to it the inside is what matters, and that I can do something about. So I'm going to focus on being the most beautiful woman I can be from the inside out. Because my future man (if there is one) might not think I'm all that much if he just passes me on the street, but I want him to be floored, dazzled and head over heals when he gets to know me. So much so that he couldn't pass me on the street without thinking about how beautiful I am.

No comments: