Friday, July 25, 2014

Praises for my handsome man!

Today I am going to devote my post to my wonderful husband whom I admire and adore.
Here are ten things I admire most about my husband!

1: My husband is a hard worker
From cleaning the house, yard work, utilizing work time, applying for jobs he works with all his MIGHT. Every task and job he tackles with 101+%! If its physical he is pouring sweat, at work he's focused and committed to his job ( no Facebook for him!), he is either the last one done, or the task is complete. He is the hardest working man I have ever known!

2:My husband has a diligent servants heart
My husband continues to surprise me with his promptness to help, and his drive to serve when he sees a need. From helping my grandma with little things in the house, to tearing down the yard, to service projects at church, and friends in need.  When he sees an area that needs help, a job he can complete, that he can help and do, he does it. He never does it to get anything back, he doesn't go around telling people what he has done, comparing himself to others or seeking praise. Usually he never thinks it is that big of a deal. But it is a big deal to me and to those he has served!

3:My husband is a caring listener
My husband enjoys small groups and one-on-one relational time. When I see him with others I see him listening and desiring to know how others are. I know he truly listens as I hear his prayers for others, remembering their needs that spoke about. As a husband he does a great job of letting me pour my heart out to him. I know he is listening with care as he asks me questions and share comfort and encouragement on my concerns. Many times he has surprised me with how much he knows about my feelings, likes and dislikes, all because he was carefully listening and taking it all in when I didn't even know it!

4:My husband is a wise provider
My husband is continually seeking wisdom from Godly sources and it is displayed strongly in how he provides for us form finances to love. From detailed notes and studying of proverbs, to reading books from christian authors on different areas in life, to seeking wise council from pastors in the church and close christian friends I see him seek wisdom on decisions in our life. This wisdom is greatly displayed in how he provides safety for us in our finances and in my physical and spiritual life. Even as he goes to school we are saving and giving because of my husbands wisdom on budgeting. He not only provides stability for our finances, but he is leader in providing spiritual growth as he encourages me in my devotional time and challenges me on my actions and thoughts and serves. He also provides the emotional comfort and love I need as he takes notice of my needs and listens to me and acts upon them. I know that is is the wisdom that has lead him to provide the romance and love in our marriage that continually sweeps me off my feet.

5:My husband is a great uplifter
My husband desires to encourage and does a great job at it! From sharing wisdom of comfort and encouragement in times of struggle to throwing me a goofy smile when I just need a pick up he always does his best to lift burdens! He finds what he needs to do to lift spirits and does it. I love his desire to to encourage others and keep spirits light when there may be tensions in the room with friends or family. He loves to throw in silly comments to bring laughter, especially when he senses unneeded tension. He knows how to lighten things up and make it fun. Our marriage is blessed by his attitude with being continually filled with fun and laughter!

6:My husband is a strong protector
My husband protects all aspects of my life.  He is continually watching out for my well being and protecting me in every area he can. He protects my time which I am so weak to give away. He guides me in making choices that put God first in my time, help me manage what I do, serve when I truly need to, and make time for myself. He protects me by making sure that I don't give so much away that I am burnt out on giving. He protects me physically and spiritually as he lovingly guides me in the clothing that I choose, words that I speak, and activities that I do. He speaks truth to me about the dangers and struggles they could be causing. Continually as he is with me he watches for ways to protect me from him walking on the outside of me, giving me an arm over tricky areas, to driving carefully and cautiously in the car. Even when he is gone he reminds me to lock the doors, carry pepper spray and be watchful. He is always focused on being safe and protecting us. Because of him I continually feel safe and secure from my physical well being to the choices I make in life.

7:My husband is an eager learner
My husband is constantly seeking wisdom and knowledge and desiring to learn and grow. It is in his nature to want to learn new things. I admire so much how he is constantly finding and searching out ways to learn more from reading the Bible, christian life books, history books, to putting him in situations to learn more skills! He desires wisdom in his life from God as he reads the Bible daily and carefully chooses recommended books for read on specific areas in his life or our marriage that he wants to grow in. He eagerly eats away at history and politically books, loving to learn more about life and our country, and where decisions have led us as a nation. Whenever he can he wants to learn new skills (especially with tools) that can increase his abilities and skills. He is always wanting to watch his step-dad build and help him so that he can learn to do it himself. He is not a man that is afraid and avoids the new or unknown but eagerly seeks it conquer it and use it in life!

8:My husband has a heart for God
Daily my husband seeks God's wisdom. My husband has made it a priority to read and pray every day to God - and I love it! It is one of the things about him that gives me so much respect, love, and pride for him! He doesn't do it to check it off a list, to make himself feel like or seem like a good christian. He does it because he strives to serve God in every aspect of his life. He desires to be a Godly leader to us in our marriage. He desires his job to be a way to serve God. He desires our marriage to be a testimony of God to others. All that my husband strives for revolves around his heart for God.

9:My husband prioritizes relationships
My husband puts top priority on relationships in our lives. He recognizes the importance of family and good friends and works hard to make sure that our relationships with them are grown and nurtured. When there are struggles in relationships he isn't one to give up or back down, or put blame on the other. Instead he is figuring out how to make it better. He plans time with both my family and his, knowing that just time spent together is important to keep things close. He seeks out time with those he cares about, and desires to grow relationships deeper. He recognizes our relationship with God it the most important, our relationship with each other is next, and then our family and close friends. I admire how he uses wisdom and love to continually grow these important relationships.

10:My husband is a hunk!!!!!!
Yes I am going to say it, because I do admire this area of him, and this is his LOOKS! I think he is the handsomest, manliest, cutest, best looking man around! I love his smile! He has all different stages of smiles. He has dreamy smile that makes me want to melt into his arms. Goofy smile that makes my spirit soar. And crazy smile where his eyes light up and I know something is about to happen that is gonna be fun! I love his skinny build that shows off his muscles. I love his thin blond hair with the receding hair line. I know it may be crazy but I think his receding hair line is so manly looking!!!! And I love his neat little goatee that covers the end of his chin. I love his pretty blue eyes and the way they look in his cute classes. when he dresses up in a dress shirt, tie and vest I go completely crazy and can't keep my eyes off him or the silly grin off my face. I could keep going but for everyone else sake I will leave it at that. I love my manly looks on my husband.



Needless to say. I truly admire, love, and respect the man God has put in my life. Our marriage isn't roses and potpourri all the time. It is hard work, and messy because we are both sinful messed up people. I don't always think about everything wonderful in my husband. Many a time my prideful sinful self focuses on his weaknesses and sins and unlikeable attributes. I fall for it I do. But ultimately God gave me a huge blessing in my life when he set the wonderful man out to catch me, and I don't want to forget that. That is why I have written this out. When I get tempted to believe the worst, I have truths here to fight them with, to remind me what is so amazing about my husband.

I would like to challenge you that if you find yourself putting your husband down, comparing him and him losing, feeling like he isn't enough or as good - STOP! Do this  and write what you love about him. Take the focus off the negative, and turn to the positive. You may not come up with ten all at once or a paragraph description of each one right away. I have been working on this post for over a week! Start with one thing, even if it is just his smile, or his hugs. Continue to study him, and feel out what you admire and love about him. You will be surprised how one after one they will start to come once to focus on them!

This works for other people to! Who in your life are you starting to see more negative aspects of? Which friends or family are starting to disappoint you? Focus on what is positive about them and write them down! Battle the negative thoughts with the good. Do you want peace in your relationships? Put Philippians 4:8-9 in your heart!

Philippians 4:8-9New International Version (NIV)

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice.And the God of peace will be with you

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (NIV)

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.


No comments: